- LEDs have exceptionally long lifespans – up to five times longer than CFL bulbs, and up to 50 times longer than incandescent! LEDs can be repeatedly turned on and off without shorting there life span. (Great for Bathrooms)
- LEDs have up to 15% and 35% less energy loss in heat than CFLs and incandescent, respectively and no UV (Ultraviolet), that can cause premature ageing and even burns!
- A well designed and manufactured 8 watt LED bulb (Dimmable) for the home is the equivalent of a 14watt CFL or a 60watt incandescent bulb, making it the energy saving Champion!
- LEDs contain no breakable glass or filaments, and so are shock-Vibration proof and extremely durable. LEDs operate at much cooler temperatures and are far less likely to be a fire hazard than traditional light sources.
- LEDs are crystal-based, entirely free of mercury and other toxins, and so are 99% recyclable, its “Production Footprint” is also quite small and continues dropping.
- LED bulbs are extremely versatile in the kind of light they produce and can be designed for a range of specific purposes, from growing our food, to illuminating specific colors, or even as medical therapy in the treatment of jaundice stricken infants.
- LED lighting has been found to keep meat fresher when in displays, not just because LEDs don’t emit heat in the form of IR (infrared), but for other reasons, still under investigation!
- When the Empire State Building switched to the use of exterior LED lighting, it went from being able to illuminate its exterior with a selection of around a dozen different colors to an array of 16 million different colors, and has truly breathed new life into this classic example of modern architecture.
- NASA, pioneer of LED technologies, is now using LED light “Paddles” for helping heal wounds suffered in off-world missions.
Read more Here